listen so i know none of my followers really do any of these things but i just wanted to say this sort of generally because it’s something i’ve seen a lot on tumblr and that’s been on my mind for a while
when reblogging someone’s original edit, something they’ve worked hard on, please don’t:
1. immediately comment on how something is missing/the OP forgot something (90% of the time they left it out on purpose anyway)
2. attack the show/movie/character itself. ESPECIALLY in the comments instead of tags. if you don’t like that thing, why are you even reblogging it in the first place?
3. repost. never, ever repost. this is pretty much a given. hopefully everyone knows this, although unfortunately, some people still choose to do it.
4. don’t delete the caption the OP has posted, especially if it adds something to the edit (and 99.9% of the time, it does)
5. don’t delete and RE-ADD the caption so that it looks like it came from you. literally why would you even
6. attack the OP right in the comments about a spelling error/other mistake. if you notice it, go message them. when you voice it in the comments, that’s when it transcends helpful feedback into just plain rudeness
+ a bunch more stuff i’ve probably forgotten. but these are the basic rules ok
essentially you should think to yourself, “if i made this edit, and worked hard on it, and i see someone did something that i’m about to do, how would i feel?” you remind yourself of that every time you’re reblogging an edit, and life will be happier for everyone involved thank you and goodnight